“The Art of Photography Show is the very best photography competition among all of the competitions which were represented at the APA-LA panel, by far. You guys stand alone as being a pure high-end photography exhibition, produced with excellence and with integrity.” – Jim McHugh APA-LA Vice Chair
The Art of Photography Show 2010 is a world-class international exhibition of photographic art which will occur August 28 November 7 at the elegant two-level Lyceum Theatre Gallery, a perfect venue for exhibiting a large showcase of photography. We are very pleased that our esteemed judge for 2010 is Natasha Egan, the Associate Director and Curator at the Museum of Contemporary Photography in Chicago.
This is the sixth year of the Art of Photography Show. This major photographic exhibition is an ideal forum for photographers to exhibit and sell their work, reaching our very large community of art collectors, affluent individuals, corporate heads, civic leaders and very influential people who make up the Art of Photography Show audience.
Our Judges:One of the distinguishing characteristics of this competition and exhibition is that our judge is always a highly acclaimed museum curator. It’s our view that getting one’s photographs exhibited in a museum is the ultimate goal. Yet, getting exposed to museum curators is normally very difficult. Our project provides that opportunity. Here is a list of our judges so far:
- Neal Benezra – Director of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Arthur Ollman – Director of the Museum of Photographic Arts
- Charlotte Cotton – Director of Photography at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Hugh Davies – Director of the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
- Tim Wride – Director of Photography at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Carol McCusker – Curator of Photography at the Museum of Photographic Arts
Our goal is to provide as many tangible benefits as possible for the exhibiting artists. The cash awards, accolades, media coverage and sales revenue that we provide to the artists who are selected by our acclaimed judge are substantial. You can read many testimonials from artists in our previous shows here.
- $10,000 in award money will be given to artists in the Art of Photography Show 2010.
- Our key goal is to sell the art for the photographers. This is not a “vanity show”.
- Over 30,000 people will view the Art of Photography Show 2010 during the ten week run at the Lyceum gallery.
- Over 1,500 people will attend the Opening Reception Gala on Saturday August 28th. Our attendees are a mix of art collectors, high net worth residents, advertising executives, architects & designers, executives of major San Diego corporations, and civic and government leaders.
- An elegant 80-page show catalog will be given to everyone at the Opening Reception Gala and is made available for free at each special event during the exhibition.
- We sell a very large percentage of the work, of which the artists receive most all of the revenue.
- We donate 100% of our portion of the art sales revenue to an international charity called The AjA Project.
Marketing and Promotion:
- Marketing and promotion for the Art of Photography Show is extensive, with national media coverage, numerous cross-promotions, coverage on television and radio, as well as promotion to thousands of fans and friends on social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- We send numerous email messages to our proprietary list of over 25,000 San Diego art patrons, collectors, civic leaders and upscale residents.
- We distribute tens of thousands of exhibition announcement cards about the Art of Photography Show to major cities across the US.
- Cross-promotions with numerous organizations is arranged, including the San Diego Museum of Art, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Museum of Photographic Arts, the Downtown San Diego Partnership and ArtWalk resulting in a plenitude of additional exposure for the Art of Photography Show.
Our great love of this art form (and being photographic artists ourselves) prompts us to ‘pull out all of the stops’ in order to showcase a truly excellent presentation of photographic art, to provide substantial benefits to the exhibiting artists, and to elevate and promote this art form.
Choose your best images to present to Natasha Egan. Entry deadline: June 7th at 11:59 pm PDT.